Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Wedges
When it came time to design the new Launcher XL Halo Wedges, Cleveland utilized artificial intelligence and machine learning to create, test and improve face designs. After thousands of iterations, Cleveland's automated intelligent design software produced MainFrame. This unique design consists of milling a variable thickness pattern (made up of grooves, channels and cavities) into the back of the iron's face. After two years of refinement, Cleveland settled on a final face design that offers greatly improved COR by maximizing flex at impact. Those years of hard work paid significant dividends, as evidenced by the Launcher XL Halo's explosive ball speed and distance on every shot, even when you miss the sweet spot.
In terms of golf, MOI refers to an object's resistance to rotation, which is important, because when a club head strikes the ball off-center, it naturally wants to rotate. Rotation means the club is no longer facing its target, and errant shots will inevitably follow. In order to help combat misses and increase forgiveness, Cleveland added a great deal of size to the Launcher XL Halo. The bigger club head allowed engineers to relocate mass as far from the iron's center as possible. The result is a dramatic increase in stability, and in fact, the Launcher XL Halo boasts 17% more MOI than Cleveland's last generation hybrid-iron.
The final piece of technology powering the Launcher XL Halo isn't found in the club head, but rather the shaft. Cleveland inserts an 8g weight at the end of the shaft, creating what is known as a "counter balanced" effect, the benefits of which are dynamic. As you take the club away from address, Action Mass CB weight makes it feel lighter and more controlled. Added control leads to added stability and a more consistent, repeatable golf swing. At the beginning of the down swing, Action Mass brings your hands straight down, consequently helping keep your arms close to your body. This creates a better plane that avoids the dreaded casting motion commonly referred to as an "over the top" swing, ultimately resulting in a squarer club face and straighter shots.
Cleveland selected True Temper's XP 90 as the stock steel shaft offering and Project X's Cypher as the stock graphite option. Both shafts feature an ultralight weight design and are engineered to deliver a higher launch and maximum peak trajectory for explosive distance. While they have similar profiles, the heavier steel shaft will launch slightly lower and spin less, in addition to tightening dispersion. Conversely, the lighter graphite option will have a higher launch, more spin, and help players generate more club head speed for added distance.
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Wedges Feature:
- Progressive set with massive, forgiving, high launching long irons and shorter irons/wedges that look playable at address
- Larger head and extreme perimeter weighting create the most MOI (2,908g) and forgiveness ever in a Cleveland hybrid-iron
- A.I. designed MainFrame variable thickness pattern milled into the back of the face maximizes COR for more ball speed and distance than past generations
- 8g weight at the end of the grip delivers better balance, control, consistency and a square face at impact with less slice
- 3-tiered sole for maximum forgiveness on pitches, chips and bunker shots
- Thinner, deeper, higher-spinning grooves for complete control and more stopping power
- HiBore stepped crown shape lowers the crown height and center of gravity for added forgiveness and a high launch
- Stock Steel Shaft: True Temper XP 90 (mid/high launch, mid/high spin)
- Stock Graphite Shaft: Project X Cypher Irons (high launch, high spin)
- Authorized Cleveland Retailer
Buy Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Wedges