How To Wear It
PING G425 Fairway Woods are available in three models to fit all golfers and their desired ball flight: MAX (high MOI), LST (low spin), and SFT (draw bias). The fairways feature two key innovations known as Facewrap Technology and Spinsistency to deliver more distance and spin predictability.
Just as it sounds, Facewrap refers to the G425's face design that extends up and into the crown, as well as into the sole. This unique design works in harmony with the thin, high-strength steel maraging face to provide increased flexing, resulting in greater distance and high launching shots.
The most common miss-hit for fairway woods is low on the face, which dramatically increases spin and kills distance potential. In order to combat this problem, PING developed Spinsistency. Spinsistency consists of a complex face curvature that modifies the roll profile, mainly low on the face, where the loft decreases approximately 2.5° to normalize spin and increase ball speed. During PING's testing, human and robots alike displayed greatly improved distance, specifically on shots struck low on the face.
With 5 stock shafts available, golfers of all skill levels can find a profile that marries perfectly with their swing. Three of the stock offerings are PING's proprietary ALTA CB, ALTA Distanza and Tour graphite shafts, while Mitsubishi's Tensei AV Raw Orange and Aldila's Rogue White round out the bunch.
PING G425 SFT Fairway Woods ON SALE Feature:
- Straight Flight Technology helps eliminate slices
- Multi-Material Construction: 17-4 stainless steel body, maraging steel face, high-density tungsten back weight, lightweight aluminum/thermoplastic adjustable hosel
- Facewrap Technology: Thin, high-strength maraging steel face extends into the crown and sole to provide increased flexing for faster ball speed, greater distance and high launching shots
- Spinsistency: Complex face curvature with 2.5° less loft low on the face to normalize spin and increase ball speed for more distance
- Tungsten sole weight strategically positioned to increase MOI for added forgiveness
- New 3-dot alignment feature provides golfers a visual cue to address the ball to best match their eye
- Loft Adjustability: 0, +1°, +1.5°, -1°, -1.5°
- Lie Adjustability: Up to 3° flatter
- Stock Shafts: PING ALTA CB • PING ALTA Distanza • PING Tour • Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange • Aldila Rogue White
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360
- Matching headcover included
- Authorized PING Retailer
Buy PING G425 Fairway Woods