When designing the new ZX Utility Irons, Srixon utilized artificial intelligence and machine learning to create, test and improve face designs. After thousands of iterations, Srixon's automated intelligent design software produced MainFrame. This unique design consists of milling a variable thickness pattern made up of grooves, channels and cavities into the back of the iron's face. After two years of refinement, these final faces offer greatly improved COR because they maximize flex at impact. The result is explosive ball speed and distance on every iron shot you hit, even when you miss the sweet spot.
To further boost ball speed, the ZXU's face is forged from strong, light SUP10 steel that allows for additional face-flex at impact. The face is backed by a hollow cavity that significantly increases forgiveness, a valuable asset when swinging a long iron. Premium, high-density tungsten in the base of the Utility lowers the center of gravity, promoting a high launch.
Srixon finishes the Utility Irons with UST's Mamiya Recoil 95 graphite shaft, which has a 67% more efficient energy transfer than a steel shaft. This helps optimize the spring effect off the face for added ball speed and overall distance.
Srixon ZX Utility Irons Feature:
- Smaller, more compact, and more blade-like than before, but with the same forgiveness
- MainFrame variable thickness pattern milled into the back of the face maximizes COR for more ball speed and distance
- Hollow construction increases forgiveness
- Forged SUP10 face is strong and light, increasing face-flex at impact for enhanced speed and distance
- 1020 Carbon steel body absorbs vibrations for a soft feel
- Tungsten in the base lowers the center of gravity for a higher launch
- Stock Shaft: UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite (91-96g, mid launch)
- Authorized Srixon Retailer
Buy Srixon Z Series Irons