Srixon ZX5 Irons 2021
When designing the new ZX5 Irons, Srixon utilized artificial intelligence and machine learning to create, test and improve face designs. After thousands of iterations, Srixon's automated intelligent design software produced MainFrame. This unique design consists of milling a variable thickness pattern (made up of grooves, channels and cavities) into the back of the iron's face. After two years of refinement, Srixon settled on a final face design that offers greatly improved COR by maximizing flex at impact. Those years of hard work paid significant dividends, as evidenced by the iron's explosive ball speed and distance on every shot, even when you miss the sweet spot.
To further boost ball speed, the ZX5's face is forged from strong, light SUP10 steel that allows for additional face-flex at impact. The face is backed by a forged 1020 carbon steel body to absorb vibrations and provide a softer feel. In the long and mid irons, Srixon places premium, high-density tungsten weights to increase stability, MOI and forgiveness.
Two stock shaft offerings are available in the ZX5 Irons. The Nippon N.S. PRO Modus3 Tour 105 was selected as the steel option because of its high tip rigidity and ability to minimize unwanted spin, while still providing a smooth, comfortable profile. The graphite option is UST's Mamiya Recoil 95, which has a 67% more efficient energy transfer than steel to increase velocity and distance.
Srixon ZX5 Irons Feature:
- MainFrame variable thickness pattern milled into the back of the face maximizes COR for more ball speed and distance
- Forged 1020 carbon steel body absorbs vibrations for extremely soft feel
- Forged SUP10 face is strong and light, increasing face-flex at impact for enhanced speed and distance
- Premium, high-density tungsten in long and mid irons (3-7 iron) increases MOI for more stability and forgiveness
- Tour V.T. V-shaped sole glides smoothly through turf, even if you strike behind the ball
- Progressive grooves are sharper, narrower and deeper in 8i through PW for more spin and stopping power
- Stock Shafts: Nippon N.S. PRO Modus3 Tour 105 Steel (mid launch) • UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite (mid launch)
- Authorized Srixon Retailer
Buy Srixon Z Series Irons