The TaylorMade P•790 UDI is designed for players seeking low spin, a piercing trajectory and control without sacrificing distance, even for those with faster swing speed.
Creating a distance monster utility iron starts with the face. Specifically, how thin can the face be, because the thinner the face, the more it’s able to flex, rebound, and send the ball trampolining forward. The issue, is that at a certain point, the face becomes too fragile, and will crack upon impact. TaylorMade solved the issue with their revolutionary new SpeedFoam Air, which supports the face, while still allowing it to retain its spring-like effect. In fact, SpeedFoam Air is so advanced that TaylorMade was able to shave the face thickness of the new P•790 UDI down to a minuscule 1.65mm. The result is supreme flexibility with the capability of generating preposterous ball speeds and distance. And, as an added benefit, SpeedFoam Air is 69% percent lighter than its predecessor, affording the opportunity to redistribute weight savings to optimize launch conditions.
The new P•790 UDI is extremely stable as well. Using a new construction method, TaylorMade thinned the iron head by up to 37.5% in specific locations, resulting in 22g of discretionary weight. TaylorMade elected to position that weight in the toe in the form of tungsten. This extremely dense weight keeps the club from rotating at impact to help produce straighter shots.
TaylorMade outfits the New P•790 UDI with Project X's HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX graphite shaft and Golf Pride's Z-Grip.
TaylorMade P•790 UDI Features:
- Low spin with a piercing trajectory
- SpeedFoam Air is 69% lighter than before and allows weight to be redistributed to optimize mass properties and launch conditions
- 8620 Carbon steel construction is up to 37.5 thinner allowing for incredible low CG placement
- Thin wall design pairs with a responsive 1.65mm forged 4140 steel L-Face for supreme flexibility, fast ball speeds and a premium forged feel
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket increases face flexibility and preserves ball speed and distance on low face strikes
- 22g of tungsten in the toe creates a massive amount of stability and forgiveness in a players package
- Stock Shaft: Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX Graphite
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Z-Grip
- Authorized TaylorMade Retailer
Buy TaylorMade Utility Driving Irons