The key piece of technology behind the new TaylorMade SIM2 Driver is its forged ring construction, which unlocks a new dimension in distance and forgiveness. Constructed from lightweight, high strength aluminum and milled to an exacting shape, the ring (found in the rear of the club) unites a massive rear weight, full carbon sole, carbon crown and a new milled back cup face. By uniting all of the components in the head, TaylorMade was able to create an exceptionally stable and forgiving driver.
TaylorMade's Speed Injected Technology moves forward with the SIM2 Driver, providing all golfers with the hottest face possible. TaylorMade crafts the face to be thinner and hotter than what is legal, tests it, and then injects a tuning resin behind the face to fill it so that it meets the .83 COR limit. The driver is then tested again, and if it meets TaylorMade's standard, they seal the club by inserting two screws near the bottom of the face.
Also returning is Twist Face's revolutionary face curvature, which uses corrective face angles to help fight the ball's tendencies on mis-hits and keep you in the fairway.
Stock shafts include Mitsubishi's Tensei AV Raw Blue and Project X's HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black. The stock grip is Golf Pride's Z-Grip.
TaylorMade SIM2 Driver Features:
- Mid launch with low spin and a neutral ball flight
- Forged Ring Construction: Forged, lightweight aluminum unites a rear weight, full carbon sole, carbon crown and milled back cup for increased stability and forgiveness
- Asymmetric Inertia Generator provides faster club head speed through advanced geometry and aerodynamic analytics
- Full lightweight carbon sole enables the redistribution of mass for a deeper center of gravity and enhanced forgiveness
- Speed Injected Twist Face improves ball speed by calibrating each head to the threshold of the legal speed limit with corrective face curvature protecting against heel and toe mis-hits
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket (TaylorMade's most flexible ever) engineered to maximize ball speed and produce additional forgiveness on low face strikes
- Split mass weighting designed to enhance forgiveness while allowing for pinpoint target swing weights
- Adjustable hosel allows you to adjust loft and lie settings
- Stock Shafts: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue • Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Z-Grip 47g 0.600 (black/grey)
- Matching headcover included
- Headcover and Wrench Included
- Authorized TaylorMade Retailer
Buy TaylorMade SIM2 Drivers