Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges 2022
With their cavity back design and MOI boosting ZipCore technology, Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges are designed to provide maximum forgiveness and MOI to the everyday golfer. Despite being chock full of technology and forgiveness, Cleveland was able to fashion the CBX ZipCore with a sleek, attractive profile that resembles a traditional blade wedge at address.
By replacing heavy steel with lightweight, but also very strong material in the wedge's core, ZipCore allows Cleveland to shift the center of gravity. Doing so raises MOI, which helps the club face stay square at impact, leading to straighter shots. Additionally, ZipCore adds spin, enhances control, and boosts consistency on all your shots.
As with previous CBX designs, the CBX ZipCore features a revolutionary Hollow-Cavity design that offers next-level forgiveness. With a hollow chamber near the heel and a heavy weight placed in the toe, this unique structure maximizes MOI and perimeter weighting, leading to better shots, regardless of where you strike the face.
In order to posses a precise short game, you need backspin. The wedge's UltiZip Grooves are packed closer and are sharper than standard grooves, as well as proving to be the deepest grooves in Cleveland's history. Consequently, the CBX ZipCore generates maximum spin and channels debris off the face, allowing you to execute even the most delicate greenside shots.
Three loft specific grinds deliver the versatility you need to play an array of finesse shots around the green. In 44° through 52°, the V-Shaped sole makes full swings and square-faced shots easy by gliding over turf without digging, even when you strike slightly behind the ball. 54° and 56° are equipped with an S-Shaped sole that's ideal for bunker shots and open-face finesse shots from the rough or fairway. Furthermore, the S grind's wide profile gives you plenty of bounce to move through the turf without sacrificing speed. In 58° and 60°, the C-Shaped sole allows you to open the face to any angle and attack difficult greenside predicaments.
Cleveland selected True Temper's Dynamic Gold 115 Spinner as the stock shaft, and for good reason. The Spinner's tip is more active than previous shafts, adding spin while maintaining control and supplying lightweight feel.
All golfers, including Tour professionals, play forgiving metal woods. The vast majority of golfers, and an ever-growing amount of Tour professionals play forgiving cavity back or hollow irons. Due to their high MOI, Mallet putters have become wildly popular in today's game as well. It stands to reason that we should want the same forgiveness from our wedges, and the CBX ZipCore delivers exactly that.
Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges Feature:
- Lightweight, low-density ZipCore reduces vibrations, perfects the center of gravity, and boosts MOI for improved forgiveness
- Hollow Cavity Design with weight in the toe creates a more balanced wedge that's forgiving across the entire face
- Sharper, deeper, and closer together UtiliZip Grooves are more efficient at channeling debris and maximizing spin. 2 Extra grooves per face for more groove contact across the board
- Soft, vibration absorbing Gelback TPU insert improves feel, so even miss-hits are buttery smooth
- Dynamic Sole shapes are loft specific, automatically providing the performance needed to execute difficult greenside shots
- Set-matching 44° pitching wedge perfectly replaces set wedges with state-of-the-art wedge tech and stopping power
- Spinner shaft with wedge specific components enhances spin
- Stock Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Spinner Tour Issue Steel (Wedge Flex, 116g)
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360
- Authorized Cleveland Retailer
Buy Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges