The most frequently changed club in any golfer’s bag is the driver, and for good reason, since the driver is the beginning of (almost) every hole. A quality driver will start you off on the right foot, while a worn-out or badly-fitting driver will have you start every hole frustrated and far away from the green. Don’t let one bad club ruin your game: find a new golf driver at Carl’s Golfland today!
Find the Best Golf Drivers For Sale At Carl’s Golfland
At Carl’s Golfland, we carry a huge selection of drivers from the best names in golf. Whether you want to carry Callaway, Titleist, Cobra, or TaylorMade in your bag, you’ll find it here at the lowest prices available. We also offer FREE shipping on our clubs to make it even easier to get a great deal! If the driver you purchase does not fit you properly, that’s ok: we have a 100% money back guarantee on items returned within 30 days of purchase. Find your next golf driver with Carl’s Golfland.
How To Fit Your Driver
One of the trickier parts of buying a driver is making sure that it fits properly. If your new golf driver doesn’t fit your size or your playing style, then your drives will never be as strong as they should be. Here are a couple simple tips to make sure that you buy the best driver club for you:
1. Get the proper stiffness shaft for your play style. According to two-time World Clubmaker of the Year Ed Grabowy, getting the proper shaft is about 80% of the fitting process. Depending on your play style, you might need a very flexible or very stiff shaft to get the most out of your drives. There are subtle variations for every player, but, in general, if you are a player with a very low handicap and a very high swing speed, you should be playing with a stiff shaft. If you have a higher handicap and a lower swing speed, a more flexible shaft will give you longer and more accurate drives. As a rule of thumb, the following list will tell you what flexibility your driver’s shaft should have based off your average drive distances:
- Less than 180 yards (165 meters), use ladies flex.
- Between 181 to 200 yards (166 to 183 meters), use senior flex.
- Between 200 to 235 yards (183 to 215 meters), use regular flex.
- Between 236 to 275 yards (216 to 251 meters), use stiff flex.
- More than 275 yards (251 meters), use extra-stiff flex.
2. Use the right loft for your drive. Similar to shaft flexibility, there are varying degrees of loft to maximize the drives for players of different skill levels and play styles. In general, if you find that your drives consistently are higher than you would like, a golf driver with lower loft would be best for you. If your drives are lower than you would like, a driver with higher loft is most likely to produce optimal results.
3. When in doubt, test it out. If you aren’t sure which club is best for you, then don’t be afraid to try out clubs before you buy. The best retailers have an in-house driving range, like our famous Launch Pad Fitting Center, to let you test your drivers to find the optimal balance of size, flexibility, and loft before your make a purchase.
If you live the greater Detroit area, come to one of our Carl’s Golfland locations to be fit for the perfect golf driver for you! Our Launch Pad Fitting Center is staffed by Master Club Fitters who will analyze your swing to get you the best driver for your playing style. We even offer FREE basic fittings if you call us today at 248-335-8095.
If you don’t live in Detroit, that’s ok! Our professional staff can still help you find the perfect driver. Just give us a call at 877-412-2757 to get some expert advice.
- Fairway Woods
- Iron Sets
- Complete Sets
- Women's Clubs
- Junior Clubs
- Trade In
- View All Clubs
- Callaway Golf (12)
- Cleveland Golf (2)
- Cobra (12)
- Honma Golf (4)
- Mizuno (2)
- Ping (23)
- Srixon (3)
- TaylorMade (18)
- Titleist (2)
- Tour Edge (7)
- Wilson (4)
- XXIO (3)
- Black (4)
- Blue (5)
- Grey (3)
- Red (2)
- Right (88)
- Left (54)
- _custom (18)
$0 $900 $0 to $900