Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Irons 2023
The new Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Irons are crafted from Chromoly 4335, which is 35% stronger than the Chromoly 4140M used in the previous generation, JPX921 Irons. Chromoly 4335 is so durable that it's used in landing gear, transmission gears, and military aircrafts. This new, extremely tough material allowed Mizuno's engineers to reduce face thickness by 8%, resulting in the thinnest face in JPX history. The thinner, hotter face generates explosive ball speeds that toe the boundary of what the USGA legally allows. Additionally, the previously mentioned speed and distance are available across a much larger area of the face. The 923's more prominent sweet spot works harmoniously with the iron's revolutionary perimeter-weighted design, giving rise to prodigious forgiveness.
Regarding the 923 Hot Metal family, the standard Hot Metal Irons have a longer head length and thicker topline than the Pro. Compared to the new HL, Hot Metal has the same size topline and a fractionally shorter head length.
Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Irons Feature:
- New Chromoly 4335 is 35% stronger, which allows for an 8% reduction in face thickness while maintaining hosel bendability
- Thinnest face in JPX history produces maximum ball speed across a large area of the face
- Long irons have a deep, low CG for a higher launch, while middle to short irons gradually raise CG for more control
- Reinforced cavity frame creates a more solid impact sound
- GW & SW have a wedge-specific design and the same high-spin, milled quad cut grooves as Mizuno's tour wedges
- Stock Steel Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold 95 (regular flex) • KBS Tour Lite (stiff flex)
- Stock Graphite Shafts: UST Recoil ESX 460 (senior flex, regular flex) • UST Recoil 95 (stiff flex)
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360
- Authorized Mizuno Retailer
Buy JPX Hot Metal Irons