Mizuno ST-G 220 Driver 2021
Mizuno's 3-year rapid fire driver development project culminated in the creation of their new ST line of drivers. Preceded by the highly acclaimed ST190 and ST200, the new ST-G 220 Driver deploys Mizuno's new forged SAT2041 Beta Ti face and complex carbon construction to deliver potent ball speeds and a satisfying sensation at impact.
Developed for the automotive industry to withstand strong forces, SAT2041 has 17% more tensile strength and 8% more flexibility than traditional 6-4Ti. Mizuno concluded that the aforementioned properties of SAT2041 lend themselves perfectly to the development of their new Beta Ti face, which is both faster and more durable than drivers using the more common 6-4, Alpha Beta Ti face construction.
Mizuno shaped the ST-G with a modern player's profile, a deeper face, and less distance from back to front. The driver features three tracks and two moveable weights, enabling the club to morph from an ultra-low spinning bomber to a highly playable mid-spinning option. A fade or a draw bias can be added to both options.
Because the ST-G can be adjusted to create differing ball flights, Mizuno outfitted it with two stock shaft offerings. Project X's HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX is designed for aggressive swingers, and features an ultra-stiff midsection along with a stiff tip section to provide a low launch and low spin. Fujikura's Motore X F3 has a softer butt and midsection, resulting in a mid-high launch with mid-spin.
Mizuno ST-G 220 Driver Features:
- Modern player's profile with a deeper face, shorter back to front, but still full 460cc head size
- Highly resilient forged SAT2041 Beta Ti face delivers high ball speeds and distance
- Multi-thickness CORTECH face maximizes performance of the Beta Ti face, noticeably improving ball speeds low on the club face
- Dual weight center slot allows 2 central back weights for deeper CG, increased MOI, higher stability, launch and spin
- Lateral weight tracks can be used to create a draw, fade or produce ultra-low spin
- Consistently solid feedback with a tighter range of feel and sound across the weight settings
- 4 Degrees of loft adjustability to fine-tune ball flight and trajectory
- Stock Shafts: Fujikura Motore X F3 • Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX
- Stock Grip: Lamkin ST Hybrid 360 (60R)
- Authorized Mizuno Retailer
Buy Mizuno ST Drivers