PING G425 Wedges
The PING G425 Wedges combine distance and forgiveness with the look and feel of a compact design. In a departure from recent models, PING's experts re-engineered the face by employing a metal wood style, variable face thickness design that greatly increases flexing for measurable ball speed gains. The wedge's design effectively hinges the face like a diving board, catapulting the ball into the air. The final result is more consistent distance, meaning you can launch the the G425's high and far, while assuring they'll stop quickly on the green.
PING is well known for making some of the most forgiving wedges in golf, and the G425s are no exception. While the wedges are shorter heel-to-toe than the G410s, they boast a 3% higher MOI. Increasing forgiveness and reducing club head size rarely go hand in hand, but PING made it possible by relocating mass savings from the new face geometry into the toe and hosel, which expands perimeter weighting and tightens dispersion.
While most set wedges are simply a higher lofted iron, PING decided to take performance a step further. The G425 Wedges use the same precision milling as the high-spinning Glide 3.0 Wedges, ensuring excellent control and touch into and around the green.
Two stock shafts are available including PING's proprietary ALTA CB and AWT 2.0. The stock Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet grip now includes an Arccos Smart Caddie Sensor that allows you to track your on-course performance via the free iOS and Android apps.
PING G425 Wedges Feature:
- Multi-Material Construction: Hyper 17-4 stainless steel body, 3-piece badge (aluminum, ABS material, damping tape) and tungsten toe/shaft weights
- Shorter heel to toe than G410 with an eye-pleasing address view that inspires confidence
- Metal-wood-style variable-thickness face design delivers the fastest ball speeds ever in PING's G-Series Irons
- Tungsten toe screw and hosel weight expand perimeter weighting and forgiveness
- Patented cascading sole and top rail undercut increase loft flexing to launch shots higher and farther with green-holding precision
- Multi-material cavity badge provides 54% more face coverage to damp undersirable frequencies for improved feel and sound
- Precision milled wedges ensure excellent control and touch into and around the green
- Stock Steel Shaft: PING AWT 2.0
- Stock Graphite Shaft: PING ALTA CB Slate
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Lite 360 Velvet
- Authorized PING Retailer