TaylorMade P790 Irons 2021
Because of their advanced construction and superior technology, the TaylorMade P•790 Irons have been wildly successful, and the new model takes distance and forgiveness to another level.
Creating a distance monster iron starts with the face. Specifically, how thin can the face be, because the thinner the face, the more it’s able to flex, rebound, and send the ball trampolining forward. The issue, is that at a certain point, the face becomes too fragile, and will crack upon impact. TaylorMade solved the issue with their revolutionary new SpeedFoam Air, which supports the face, while still allowing it to retain its spring-like effect. In fact, SpeedFoam Air is so advanced that TaylorMade was able to shave the face thickness of the new P•790 down to a minuscule 1.5mm. The result is supreme flexibility with the capability of generating preposterous ball speeds and distance. And, as an added benefit, SpeedFoam Air is 69% percent lighter than its predecessor, affording the opportunity to redistribute weight savings to optimize launch conditions.
According to TaylorMade, the new P•790’s sweet spot is an eye-popping 60% larger than the original, and it’s stable as well. Using a new construction method, TaylorMade thinned the iron head by up to 37.5% in specific locations, resulting in 31g of discretionary weight. TaylorMade elected to position that weight in the toe in the form of tungsten. This extremely dense weight keeps the club from rotating at impact to help produce straighter shots.
TaylorMade outfits the New P•790 with shaft offerings from True Temper in steel and Mitsubishi in graphite. The stock grip is Golf Pride’s Z.
TaylorMade P•790 Irons Feature:
- SpeedFoam Air is 69% lighter than before and allows weight to be redistributed to optimize mass properties and launch conditions
- 8620 Carbon steel construction is up to 37.5 thinner allowing for lower CG placement for improved launch conditions
- Thin wall design pairs with a responsive 1.5mm forged 4140 steel L-Face for supreme flexibility, fast ball speeds and a premium forged feel
- Sweet spot is 60% larger compared to original P•790 and is repositioned using data analytics to capture more shots and provide performance where players most need it
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket increases face flexibility and preserves ball speed and distance on low face strikes
- 31g of tungsten in the toe creates a massive amount of stability and forgiveness in a players package
- Stock Steel Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 VSS
- Stock Graphite Shaft: Mitsubishi Chemical MMT (55A, 65R, 75S)
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Z-Grip Black/Grey (52g, 0.580)
- Authorized TaylorMade Retailer
Buy TaylorMade P790 Irons